COVID-19 Resources & Updates
Ours is a changing world.
With the news of COVID-19, the coronavirus, changing moment by the minute, it’s hard to keep up.
Here at the Chamber, we’re making changes, too, but our mission remains the same: serving our local businesses and the community.
We can’t panic, but we can prepare. And we can begin taking some common sense steps toward keeping the community, and our employees, safer.
Local businesses can be of great help to us at times like this. Restaurants and other eateries offer hot, nourishing meals and many have take-out options. Bookstores are great sources for good reading to pass the time. Banks can assist with special loan funds. Stores selling food, medical supplies and other necessities are nearby and easily accessible.
Know that helping to support local businesses, while always important, is crucial at a time like this. These same businesses, as one so eloquently put it, are the ones supporting our kids’ fundraisers, the ones where we gather with friends, where the workers know our names. We need them to be around not only next week or next month, but for years to come. Let’s support them, where we are able, to get them through this period.
If you want to support a local business, but maybe belong to an at-risk part of the population, you can purchase a gift certificate now to be used later. Steps like that will enable local businesses to keep paying their staffs – your friends and family members – and keep businesses viable in our community.
We will be sharing more information in the days and weeks ahead. For now:
Support your neighbors.
- General Resources
- Business Resources
- PA Chamber Business Resources for Coronavirus
- US Chamber of Commerce: Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- US Chamber Foundation Resilience in a Box
- America’s Small Business Development Center’s Website
- US Chambers’s Resources to Help Your Small Business Survive the Coronavirus
- PA Department of Community and Economic Development COVID-19 Business Resources
- Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives’ Crisis Management: Pandemic
- Estimated Disaster Economic Injury Worksheet for Businesses
- US Chamber’s Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- Support Local: Help Save Local Businesses
- US Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Employee Resources
- Assistance Resources
- PA Office of Unemployment Compensation: Information for PA Employees Impacted by COVID-19
- US Small Business Association’s Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- US Small Business Association – Get Local Assistance Resources
- US Small Business Association – Disaster Assistance Funding Programs
- Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters
- COVID-19 Working Capital Access Program (CWVA)
- Tax Resources & Information