Karting Assistant Manager
Full Time Seasonal March thru October
Summary of Duties:
The Karting Assistant Manager supports the Karting Operations Manager and will function as the Karting department lead in the absence of the KOM. The KAM assists KOM in ensuring that karts operate in a safe, efficient, and profitable manner, the appearance of the track is clean and professional, and karting employees conduct themselves in a manner that supports all PIRC customers. This position is very hands-on and will perform various roles in the day-to-day operations of the kart track.
Reporting Relationship: The Karting Assistant reports to the Karting Operations Manager and supervises Karting on-track and Registration staff in the absence of KOM.
The work environment will include both an indoor and outdoor environment. Exposure to all types of weather and periodic exposure to high decibel levels of noise on track are to be expected.
PIRC personnel work as a supportive and interdependent team. These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive. Other duties will be assigned and a willingness to assist other PIRC roles is a requirement.
- Promote and facilitate a culture based on reputation, respect, integrity, and dependability.
- Supervise and lead kart staff in day-to-day operations with special attention to break requirements.
- In the absence of the KOM, ensure standard operating procedures are followed, quality levels are maintained, and daily Department of Agriculture paperwork is filled out and filed.
- Utilize ClubSpeed and be able to train and assist karting staff.
- Ensure the completion of cash register operations.
- Keep sessions running in a timely fashion to minimize customer wait times and ensure maximum heat capacity.
- Ensure that all rental equipment and areas are clean and ready prior to opening.
- Assist KOM in ensuring karts, equipment, Karting area, track, and buildings are functionally and mechanically sound.
- Assist KOM with kart and moto practice sessions and ensuring proper registration and tech forms are completed.
- Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress, including personal protective equipment, and ensure that Karting staff do so as well.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Become familiar with the Pitt Race calendar of events and facility offerings including group events, kart race experience, and kart racing events.
- Resolve customer issues quickly and satisfactorily and demonstrate use of materials and equipment as needed.
- Check that track safety equipment, flags, radios, cones, transponders, and other necessary equipment are in the proper locations and in good condition.
- Become familiar with the facility’s Emergency Action Plan.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends during peak season (April through October).
- Ability to function in a stressful environment.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Prior experience in a supervisory and customer service position preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with computers and tablet devices, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- General knowledge of motorsports industry preferred.
- Willingness to learn basic mechanics.
- Valid driver’s license required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.