Full Time Seasonal Position March thru October
Summary of Duties:
The Karting Assistant Manager position is a support role to the Karting Operations Manager and will function as the Karting department lead in the absence of the KOM. The KAM assists KOM in ensuring that karts operate in a safe, efficient and profitable manner, the appearance of the track is clean and professional, and karting employees conduct themselves in a manner that supports all PIRC customers. This position is very hands-on and will perform various roles in the day-to-day operations of the kart track.
Reporting Relationship: The Karting Assistant reports to the Karting Operations Manager.
Working Conditions: The work environment will include both an indoor and outdoor environment. Exposure to all types of weather and periodic exposure to high decibel levels of noise on track are to be expected.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. The items listed are your priority but do not exclude you from aiding other Pitt Race programs/employees when needed.
- Assist in maintaining karting area and track, including landscaping, corner stations, and pit lane.
- Ensure track safety equipment and flags are in the proper locations and in good condition.
- Ensure radios, cones, transponders, and other necessary equipment are in place for kart rentals and corporate events
- Check for track, fencing, tire wall, barrier, pit, paddock, and curb damage and report it to the KOM, Accounting/HR Director, and/or Facility Manager.
- Become familiar with the facility’s Emergency Action Plan.
- Assist with supervising and leading kart staff in the absence of KOM.
- Ensure that all Karting staff have and properly utilize radios and flags and are adhering to break requirements.
- Utilize ClubSpeed POS system and be able to train and assist karting staff.
- Assist with cash register operations as needed and in the absence of the KOM.
- Keep sessions running in a timely fashion to minimize customer wait times and ensure maximum capacity.
- Ensure that all rental equipment is cleaned and ready prior to opening.
- Ensure karts are routinely inspected for low fuel, tire wear, tire pressure, and other mechanical issues.
- Report incidents, equipment issues, building issues, kart malfunctions, and needed repairs to KOM, Mechanics, and/or Accounting/HR Director.
- Perform duties of karting staff as needed to ensure excellent customer service.
- Manage kart and moto practice sessions and ensure proper registration and tech forms are completed.
- Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress, including personal protective equipment, and ensure that Karting staff do so as well.
- Become familiar with the Pitt Race calendar of events and facility offerings including group events, kart race experience, and kart racing events.
- Answer karting product/service questions for customers and karting staff.
- Assist rental customers and employees as needed.
- Deliver safety briefing before each session to explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends during peak season.
- Ability to function in a stressful environment.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Prior experience in a supervisory and customer service position preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with computers and tablet devices, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- General knowledge of motorsports industry preferred.
- Willingness to learn basic mechanics.
- Valid driver’s license required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.