Part time seasonal March thru October
Summary of Duties:
Corner Marshals keep events running smoothly and are the first to report anything that happens on the track. As the eyes and ears of event officials, Corner Marshals are an integral part of the safety and communications network in each and every event and an important element to track operations. A Corner Marshal’s job is to monitor a particular section (corner) of the racetrack and alert on-coming racers of any dangers as they occur.
Reporting Relationship: Corner Marshal’s report to the Operations Department.
Working Conditions: Corner Marshal’s will be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions as primary duties are all performed outdoors.
These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Items listed are your priority but do not exclude you from offering assistance to other Pitt Race programs/employees when needed.
- Provide visual communication (flagging) to drivers in a racing environment.
- Communicate verbally (via two-way radio) to race officials.
- Monitor track conditions to detect hazards.
- Report injured and/or disabled drivers to Track Control and provide assistance as directed.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure compliance with fire, safety, and security standards.
- Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress.
- Properly utilize all required personal protective equipment.
- Complete hands-on fire extinguisher training and be aware of proper fire extinguishers utilization.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to quickly distinguish between different car and flag colors.
- Ability to focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a defined area.
- Ability to function in a stressful environment.
- Complete CPR training.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.