Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions The Chamber receives. If you have a question that is not addressed below please contact us.
The Chamber of Commerce is for retail businesses, isn’t it?
How big does a business have to be to join the Chamber?
We currently have active members that are sole proprietors as well as businesses with fewer than a dozen employees. The Ellwood City Chamber of Commerce is made up primarily of small businesses.
Will the Chamber of Commerce endorse my business?
How can my employees participate in the Chamber?
How much is membership in The Ellwood City Area Chamber of Commerce?
Membership Dues are based on number of employees, as broken down below:
|1-3 employees||$ 125|
|4-20 employees||$ 175|
|21-50 employees||$ 250|
|101-200 employees||$ 750|
|Over 200 employees||$ 1,000|
|Friends of the Chamber||$ 50|
|Non-Profits / Clubs||$ 75|
Please note that a business membership for one employee or a sole proprietor ($125) offers full member business benefits that aren’t included in a Friends of the Chamber ($50) membership. Friends of the Chamber members can volunteer for various committees and attend meetings, but they do not have voting rights within the organization. They will receive all emails, including the Chamber’s newsletter. Sole proprietors/owners have the right to vote on all issues addressed by the Chamber. Sole proprietor/owner business members can also take advantage of FREE advertising on the Chamber website and Facebook pages. They will have a complete listing in our online Directory and the print Directory. Friends of the Chamber members aren’t listed in the Business Directory in either location.
What are the Ellwood City Borough phone numbers?
- Mayor’s Office: 724-824-7629
- Borough Manager: 724-758-7777 extension 12
- Borough Secretary: 724-758-777 extension 11
- Electric Department: 724-758-7777 extension 15
- Public Works Department: 724-758-7777 extension 15
- Utilities Billing Office: 724-758-5576 extensions 23 and 24
- Police Chief: 724-824-7655
- Police Department (Admin): 724-758-9935
- Police Dept. (non-emergency dispatch): 724-758-7564
- Fire Department (non-emergency): 724-758-8149
- Wastewater Treatment Plant: 724-758-4749
- Swimming Pool: 724-758-3740
- Animal Control: 724-824-7653 (Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm)
- Animal Control (after hours): 724-758-7564